Monday, March 28, 2011

Blessings of Dragon-napping

If you look closely, you will see that the dragon is hanging upside down holding a sign reading "help me." My dragon (one of many I keep in the classroom) had been kidnapped.  Hanging from the ceiling was a pinata holding the first clue of my hunt to save said dragon.  If you look even closer, you will notice that the dragon is wearing a birthday hat.  He was kidnapped on my birthday and awaiting rescue.  The picture reminds me of the creativity, kindness, and silliness of youth.  And that at a time when many are having difficulty finding or keeping a job, I am blessed not only with a job, but with one I love.  I need to keep that in mind daily -  appreciate the blessings that surround me, especially those teen-aged blessings that keep me laughing, thinking, smiling, and young at heart on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment