Friday, April 22, 2011

When More Is Less...

Driving through town this morning, I couldn't help but appreciate the beauty in Spring's return.  The trees, especially.  As my thoughts continued to wander, I realized that I have a greater appreciation for those trees now that I live in the Panhandle.  Then "less is more" popped into my head along with its possibilities.

The less I complain, the more I enjoy the day;
the more I enjoy the day, the less I complain.

The less I worry, the happier I am;
The happier I am, the less I worry.

The less I judge, the more I understand;
The more I understand, the less I judge.

The less I talk, the more I learn;
the more I learn, the better I listen.

The less I have, the more I appreciate;
The more I appreciate, the less I need.

Ironically, often less allows us to have more of what really matters.  May we think more often about how fortunate we are and less about our losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment