Saturday, August 8, 2009

Actively Inactive

heather-kinsey-staci

“Hey, Mom, I am here and I am fine.” So thankful. “Oh, but there was an accident right in front of me.”

”Wait, WHAT?” Heart drops, stomach tightens, nausea sets in – then pure and complete thankfulness – God is good. I can’t remember how many times I prayed for her as she traveled.

The hardest job I’ve ever had doesn’t consist of actively “doing” anything, but of letting go and allowing my child to “do” on her own. Sitting back and allowing is much, much more difficult than actively “butting in”.

Thank you, Lord for the avenue of prayer. And thank you for caring about my child even more than I do. Help me to remember this and know that I can ALWAYS have an active part in her life through prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment